Monday, January 11, 2010

Wedding food

A friend got married on Saturday and I should show you the pictures of the glorious food they served, but I can't. Just before the start of the ceremony, I dropped my camera. A new one is on order right now. But I can tell you about it, anyway.

After the ceremony (two familiar hymns, including Amazing Grace, with Lohengrin before and Midsummer Nights' Dream after, followed by the Ode to Joy), we went to a private room in the restaurant on the 18th floor, the tallest building downtown. Here's what was served, in order:

  1. Cold tea and juice
  2. Asahi Super Dry (for the toast)
  3. Sashimi (a bit of tai, which sounds like part of omedetai, congratulations)
  4. Sushi (I had to ask specially for some without wasabi for my daughter)
  5. Soup
  6. Braised salmon and scallop ( a little bit of each)
  7. Sherbert flavored with fresh uzu juice
  8. A small steak
  9. A Japanese course of sekihan (red beans with rice), soup, and an umeboshi
  10. Vanilla and strawberry sherbert with a cookie

It was all tasty and really gorgeous.
Have I forgotten anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment